Family news

Stuff happening around here!

Monday, July 31, 2006

It's A Girl!


Sorry it took so long to update this blog! We have been really busy with our new baby daughter. Celeste Marie Wood entered this world on July 26, 2006 at 1:21 am after a long day of contractions and some minor complications that all turned out ok. The labor started Saturday night and we went to the hospital thinking my water broke when it turned out to be the mucus plug. They subsequently sent us home after finding out the labor was real, but to far away to be admitted. The next day we went to our doctors appointment where she monitored me and did and ultrasound and sent us back to the hospital to be admitted, because the contractions were about 2 min apart and I was 3 cm dilated. Labor was great until about 5-6 cm dilated where the contractions lasted in that phase for about 4.5 hours and hurt a whole lot, but were ineffective. So they gave me an epidural and put me on an internal contraction monitor which made the contractions effective and led to the pushing. Which was great because I had a deadline of 2 am before they were going to move me and do an emergency c-section. The resident doc said to start pushing and I pushed once and Celeste went from 0 station to +3! The doctor bulged her eyes and said don't push! She ran got my doctor and two pushes later Celeste entered the world! She weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. and was 21 in long.

The next day we had a scare with jaundice. Her levels were in the danger zone and she was put under lights for 2.5 days and is now perfect.

Thank you all for your love, support and generosity with your presence and gifts!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alan & Crystal! Celeste is beautiful! I cant wait to meet my new little cousin.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is absolutely beautiful!! This is your long lost cousin from Georgia. I cant wait to meet both Crystal and Celeste (and see the family again) it has been too long! Scott and I wish you lots of Love and Happiness! Congratulations again... Love Always
Jonna

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home